Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Essentials: Closet Fashionista

Summer is definitely a great time of year, no school (though sadly I got my first job as a "real person" so I'll be working all summer), great weather, beaches and fun! So here is a list of what I think everyone needs for a great day at the beach!


  1. The Perfect Bathing Suit: Summer equals beach/pool/tanning so you need the perfect bathing suit! I've chosen a monokini because it's the perfect cross between a one-piece (safe to swim in) and a bikini! It's a bit of a splurge so just use it as inspiration if you (like me) can't afford it. (The only problem is that it could cause a weird tan line!)

  2. Great sunglasses! Of course with summer comes the sun, duh! So you want to protect your pretty eyes from damage! But when you go to the beach you don't want to spend too much on your sunnies, what if you lose them in the water or they fall in the sand and get scratched?! So find a nice cheap pair that you won't mind losing, but make sure they're still cute!

  3. Beach Tote: Everyone needs a nice big beach tote for their clothes, towel, sunscreen and whatever else they need at the beach! No need to spend a fortune on this either, it just needs to hold your stuff.

  4. Cute Cover-up: You won't be at the beach all day, so you need a cover-up for when you are strolling on the boardwalk or want to quickly run into a store. Also make sure to pick up some cheap matching flip flops at old navy for $2.50!

  5. A Great Book: You need a book for lazy days at the beach when you aren't in the mood to swim or people watch. For the budding fashionista, I suggest Classy, it's a really great book and a nice easy read. I wrote a short review of it over at my blog.
Thank you, Megan! I'm saving my pennies for that DvF swimsuit!

Be sure to visit Megan over at Closet Fashionista.

19 comments:

  1. Great essentials!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect selection for a day on the beach...I adore the sunglasses...Have a great day and congrats on the new job, sweetie:)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cover up! Great color! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect summer essentials. :) I'm still looking for a new suit. Although I own tons.. I buy at least one (or two) news ones every year. :) Happy Summer!

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  5. in love with that bathing suit. Megan is so talented love her work

    Anna Katrina
    http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a bathing suit like that but I really just dont know if I can pull it off! Love it though :)

    xo Lynzy
    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo I usually take a big floppy hat with me... can't get pre-mature wrinkles :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you got all of the necessary essentials!
    <3 Cara
    PS. Come enter my fabulous giveaway!
    http://www.lilacandgrey.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love that swimsuit! it's a nice piece in-between a very modest one-piece and a bikini. ~joelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. that swim suit is super hot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love swim cover ups i have so many.....

    samandlivi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute cover up! Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see a little VS in there. Love their summer dresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. loving those beach essentials!

    love,
    http://artyaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - each one means a lot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails