- The Perfect Bathing Suit: Summer equals beach/pool/tanning so you need the perfect bathing suit! I've chosen a monokini because it's the perfect cross between a one-piece (safe to swim in) and a bikini! It's a bit of a splurge so just use it as inspiration if you (like me) can't afford it. (The only problem is that it could cause a weird tan line!)
- Great sunglasses! Of course with summer comes the sun, duh! So you want to protect your pretty eyes from damage! But when you go to the beach you don't want to spend too much on your sunnies, what if you lose them in the water or they fall in the sand and get scratched?! So find a nice cheap pair that you won't mind losing, but make sure they're still cute!
- Beach Tote: Everyone needs a nice big beach tote for their clothes, towel, sunscreen and whatever else they need at the beach! No need to spend a fortune on this either, it just needs to hold your stuff.
- Cute Cover-up: You won't be at the beach all day, so you need a cover-up for when you are strolling on the boardwalk or want to quickly run into a store. Also make sure to pick up some cheap matching flip flops at old navy for $2.50!
- A Great Book: You need a book for lazy days at the beach when you aren't in the mood to swim or people watch. For the budding fashionista, I suggest Classy, it's a really great book and a nice easy read. I wrote a short review of it over at my blog.
Thank you, Megan! I'm saving my pennies for that DvF swimsuit!
Be sure to visit Megan over at Closet Fashionista.