Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hostess with the Mostess

There's still a couple of weeks left before the holiday season is in full swing and party invitations begin to arrive. Of course I can count on my family members to get together for the traditional celebrations, but I can never predict which of my friends (or acquaintances) will host a gathering - making early shopping for unique host(ess) gifts difficult. Here are a few gift ideas to keep on hand for a holiday host or hostess.

Do your part to protect the coffee table by bringing J.Crew's holiday Hostess Coasters ($24.50). Use the reversible coasters to identify drink orders - shaken or stirred?


A bottle of wine is a welcome addition to any gathering. Create a standout gift by tying on a Doorknob Wine Stopper ($10) from Pottery Barn.


I get nervous about attending a party where I only know one or two people. TableTopics Conversation Cards ($29) can help break the ice.


Your hostess has spent hours prepping food and drinks for the party. Treat her to a box of French macaroons ($14 - $23) from Sucre - and don't allow her to share.


If your friend is a seasoned party-thrower, she'll find inspiration in Kate Spade's book Occasions ($15.60) for future gatherings.

What's your favorite hostess gift to give or receive?

8 comments:

  1. I love the wine stoppers, and I'd be thrilled to get the Kate Spade book. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those French macaroons look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never met a macaroon I didn't like & I'm dying right now over the ones you posted from Sucre.

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try a macaroon! Not sure you can get them in Holland!

    Great great presents! It's really inspirering with the holidays coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to receive a box of those french macaroons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute ideas, the conversation starter cards sound like a fun idea! Imagine going to a dinner party with those plopped on the table like a centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - each one means a lot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails