Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pretty Pumpkins

Every year, I'm unapologetically giddy about carving pumpkins. It's been my favorite part of the holiday for years - second only to our traditional Halloween pumpkin pie. My mom would make one each year, hoping that my brother and I would be too full after to dessert to tear into our Trick-or-Treat stash. It backfired, of course.

I don't dare mess with tradition when it comes to pumpkin pie - but pumpkin carving is another matter. The triangle-eyed Jack o' Lantern might take a backseat to one of these contemporary designs.

photo via Martha Moments

photo via Martha Moments

photo via Martha Stewart


photo via Martha Stewart

photo via Martha Moments


Will you carve a pumpkin this weekend? What are your favorite Halloween traditions?

4 comments:

  1. I never carve pumpkins, but these kind of make me want to! The first two especially are gorgeous. You win again, Martha Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG THESE ARE THE BEST, I ESPECIALY LVE THE WHITE ONES!

    One Love,
    Jowy
    www.iseejanemary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg that last one is amazing!
    Would love to have them in my house!
    They are great!
    Too bad we don't do Halloween in Holland!
    But you have fun tho!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of the whites ones -- probably because they're different. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - each one means a lot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails