3 cups flour (sifted - this is the key to keeping the loaf soft and fluffy)
3 teaspoons baking powder (omit if using self-rising flour)
1 teaspoon salt (omit if using self-rising flour)
1/4 cup sugar
1 (12 ounce) can of beer*
1/2 cup melted butter (1/4 cup is plenty)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix dry ingredients and beer.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan. (I grease and flour the pan.)
- Pour melted butter over mixture
- Bake 1 hour. Remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes.