Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Little Luxuries

I have a problem with magazines that boast "Deals Under $500" as if anything up to that mark is really wallet-friendly, obtainable and justifiable to most people. I don't know about you, but when I dropped $350 on my first Diane von Furstenberg wrap dress, I mulled over that purchase for months. It was an investment piece that was worth every penny, but not something I can justify frequently.

With that in mind, each week I'm going to choose an affordable luxury at each of three price points: Under $100, Under $50 and Under $25.

Under $100


I can't help it; I'm on the verge of ordering this silk blouse from Banana Republic for $70. With its easy silhouette, it would quickly become a key piece in my closet to wear with jeans, tucked into pencil skirts and under structured blazers.

Under $50


Can you imagine a more posh way to light taper candles than with Tsubota Pearl's Stick Lighter? Each is $32 at A+R Store. If you prefer the metallic options (I'm partial to the sleek silver version), they're $29.95 at emmohome.com.

Under $25

This statement necklace from Forever 21 is a mere $8.80. Wear it peeking out from under this season's must-have white shirt or add visual interest to your go-to little black dress.

4 comments:

  1. Looove the BR shirt! It would look so chic underneath this vest I saw at Anthropologie the other day. :)

    Great site, glad I found you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the top. i am with you on the deal under $500. Although I don't mind spending $500 on an outfit, it is certainly no deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the silk blouse from Banana Republic. So, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely agree on the definition of "affordable." Even JCrew is killin' my budget right now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - each one means a lot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails