Wednesday, July 6, 2011

{ haute household under $25 } kitchen

Today's Haute Household Under $25 post comes from Kristen of City Coeur, who found items for the heart of the home: the kitchen.

In my opinion, any house or apartment is all about the kitchen. The old saying that the kitchen is the "heart of the home" is completely true - how many times have you found yourself trying to prepare a meal for a holiday or a party while tripping over everyone in the house as they congregate in the kitchen? It's almost as though there is a natural gravitational pull toward the room as soon as the oven is turned on. Although I'm someone who loves the kitchen, mine is of the notoriously tiny New York City-type. But that doesn't mean you have to sacrifice great kitchen items - if all those people are going to be under your feet as you try to cook, you might as well hand them some cute kitchen gadgets to help you out with!


Shabby Chic Wood Chalkboard, $24: This is a kitchen decorating idea that is both cute and practical! I'd use it to keep a grocery list on for everyday, but I might write up a restaurant-style menu when I have company over for dinner!

Eiffel Tower Grater, $21.50: I don't think that kitchen gadgets have to be boring, thus why I am a bit of a sucker for anything kitschy like this. Who doesn't want to daydream about having cheese and wine by the Seine while making Tuesday night dinner?

Floral Apron, $19.99: Some might think that wearing an apron is outdated, but honestly I'm a messy cook. I can think of a few stained shirts and baking injuries (note: don't work with boiling sugar syrup while wearing shorts - it splatters and burns!) that could have been avoided if only I had a colorful apron like this one to save me.

Love Preserve, $15.50: Fauchon is a heavenly food shop in Paris that stocks all kinds of gourmet items in pretty packaging, which thankfully also has a U.S. online store to re-stock at in between visits. A dab of strawberry-rose preserves on your toast will brighten up your morning no matter how much of your kitchen is still packed in boxes!

Passion Fruit Vinegar, $13.99: I think it's important to have something a little unexpected as an option for guests when they come over for a meal. Put out a bottle of passion fruit vinegar among your regular salad dressings, and I'm pretty sure I know what everyone will choose.

Thanks, Kristen! Be sure to visit her at City Coeur or on Twitter @citycoeur.

8 comments:

  1. That apron is so pretty! Love it!


    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, the passion fruit vinegar bottle is SO pretty. I wonder how it tastes..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very intrigued by the vinegar, since I LOVE vinegar and Now I want to try it!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  4. How freaking awesome is that Eiffel Tower grater?

    ReplyDelete
  5. where's the link/description for the measuring spoons?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! That eiffel tower grater is genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just recently discovered that I quite enjoy being in the kitchen preparing meals for myself (so far) and others. I think the chalkboard and the grater would be great additions and would only make my time in the kitchen that much more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - each one means a lot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails