The first sip of sangria is by far the best part of summer and I'm itching to try the following recipe from allrecipes.com.
* 1/2 cup brandy
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
* 1/3 cup orange juice
* 1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry red wine
* 1/2 cup triple sec
* 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
* 1 orange, sliced into rounds
* 1 lime, sliced into rounds
* 1/4 cup white sugar (optional)
* 8 maraschino cherries
* 2 cups carbonated water (optional)
In a large pitcher or bowl, mix together the brandy, lemon juice, lemonade concentrate, orange juice, red wine, triple sec, and sugar. Float slices of lemon, orange and lime, and maraschino cherries in the mixture. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor. For a fizzy sangria, add club soda just before serving.
And if you're craving another hint of this quintessential summer drink, opt for Banana Republic's Chilled Sangria candle. Even without lighting it, the candle makes my apartment smell heavenly.