Tuesday, August 16, 2011

{ roadside america } Fred Smith's Concrete Park


While my 10-year class reunion wasn't that much fun, numerous roadside attractions and daytime adventures made the trip to Ashland worthwhile. First stop: Fred Smith's Concrete Park in Phillips, Wis. In 1950, Fred Smith, lumberjack and local tavern owner, began construction of concrete statutes embellished with shards of broken glass. The self-taught American folk artist created over 200 sculptures for passersby to enjoy.











Outfit Notes: Tee Shirt - Old Navy; Shorts - J.Crew; Sunglasses - Ralph by Ralph Lauren; Bracelet - House of Harlow; Bag - Foley + Corinna; Sandals - Sam Edelman

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That place looks soooo cool!
    Too bad the reunion wasn't very good though :( I dont even know if I'm going to go to mine when they have it...
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I especially like the brown glass bottles as hair.

    You are just too cute! Of course you would find this cool place and appreciate it for it's quirky-ness. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a cool place! gives a whole new meaning to recycling! xoxo jillian:: don't miss my fishs eddy dish giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you found a way to make the trip worthwhile... i'm definitely not looking forward to my reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. :)
    My 10 yr reunion was a flop as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would just like to note that you look extremely happy in your pictures of late. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - each one means a lot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails