Monday, June 22, 2009

Thumbs Down

Well, the much-anticipated Vena Cava for Gap dress came. And went. Right back to Gap.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a great-looking dress. But it has some sizing and quality issues. I normally wear a 6 at Gap, but I ordered sizes 6 and 8 because I heard it runs closer to designer sizing. They sure weren't kidding. There was no hope I was going to squeeze my hips into the 6. Thankfully the 8 fit...if I didn't want to eat, sit down or move. Not exactly realistic. I would have preferred a 10 (which interestingly enough is the largest size Gap offers in the dress).

Sizing issues aside, the quality was sub par. On one of the dresses, the zipper was already pulling apart from the garment at the seam (easy fix, but one I shouldn't have to make upon tearing it from the package).

Did anyone else have better luck with Gap's designer collaboration?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - each one means a lot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails