Saturday, March 26, 2011

{ outfitted } Laced Up


Months ago, I started following Kendall K.'s blog, which chronicles the realization of her dream: to launch a clothing line. I've followed along as she secured a trademark, designed a logo, found a manufacturer and now - the most exciting part - revealed the finished garments, including the coat I'm wearing above. As if being an inspiration isn't enough, Kendall is also one of the sweetest girls I've known. I couldn't be prouder of her.


I don't think I've ever featured lace on this blog before - let alone worn it. It's too easy for lace to appear overly feminine and romantic and that's simply not my sartorial preference. That said, I can't get over how much I love the fabric on this coat: lavender satin with a lace overlay. Lending rich texture to the coat, from a distance the lace transforms into an interesting graphic print.


But don't worry, Kendall won't deprive you of your ladylike poise and polish. She has included a detachable chiffon flower for the days you need a little romance - or at least the promise of spring buds. (Yes, those are the coveted Kate Spade shoes. I. Love. Them.)


For those interested, I'm happy to report that the coat runs true to size. I'm a size 6 on top (or an 8 if I've been hitting the Cadbury Creme Eggs a wee bit too hard) and this is perfect with room for something heavier underneath. (You'll need this information for next week's giveaway. Hint. Hint.) For more lust-worthy items, head over to Kendall's site and check out her collection.





Outfit Notes: Jacket - c/o Kendall K.; Dress - J.Crew; Earrings - Kate Spade, Bracelet - belonged to my grandmother; Shoes - Kate Spade

23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Truly gorgeous. I really felt my heart swoon. Discovering fab ladies like this is part of what I love about the blog world.

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
    Fanciful Brainstorm - Tumblr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - just gorgeous! I'm in love with that coat. You always look so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I ADORE that coat! And I love your accessories. Her blog sounds so interesting, I think I'm going to hop on over and check it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful...just beautiful...coat I am in love with the lace details...so gorgeous!!! and I love how you pair it up with your outfit my dear...

    Kisses
    Sweet
    PensandLens
    @mistytewest

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. Love the idea and will check her site now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm a huge fan of kendall and am SO PROUD OF HER!! that coat is wonderful!

    xo,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty! Love the lavender underneath the lace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty and romantic with the lace!!

    www.petiteandhungry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's so talented - not to mention ambitious and hardworking! Love the jacket.

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahh Jessica, you are the sweetest!! and I'm so honored to be the first lace featured :) Thank you!

    Dying over the accessories/shoes too.xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. The jacket is beautiful. I hopped over to her site...how inspirational...it looks like the collection is one gorgeous piece after the next...I will have to "dive" into her blog soon.
    Thanks for the intro.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  12. This outfit is absolutely beautiful! I was just going to say that I LOVE how it looks like a graphic print from far away and then up close you realize it is a beautiful lace! So neat! It is perfectly paired with your Kate Spade shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this piece. I'll have to start checking out her blog. Lace is so lady like and looks fantastic on you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a gorgeous jacket! I swoon over lace every time, so this jacket is heaven. Cant wait to hear more about this giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous coat! At first glance I didn't realize it was lace, but it's absolutely stunning. I'll have to go check out Kendall's site!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sigh...what a gorgeous outfit. I love its understated elegance and how feminine it is, but still a show stopper! You look absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute! I love lace... it looks great the way you styled it! Hope your week is off to a great start! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a great story! its looks lovely!
    <3 Cara
    Lilac and Grey
    PS. Love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks great on you! The dress is also gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That coat is stunning!! I love love love it!

    http://www.glamlatte.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sweet. Love it and you look wonderful! You have great skin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - each one means a lot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails