Thursday, March 10, 2011

{ outfitted } Ahoy!


Yesterday morning was covered in an unexpected blanket of wet, heavy snow - and the city's snowplow drivers were caught unprepared. It didn't bode well for my dinky Honda Civic (I got stuck at an intersection) or my punctuality to an event that I was hosting on behalf of the magazine. After a few answered prays - and a fair amount of four-letter words - I arrived [un]fashionably late for event preparations. It's safe to say that March rolled in like a lion; let's hope it's gentler on the way out.






I'm crushing hard on this necklace from Kate at Third Culture Jewelry. If you love her work as much as I do, you'll be tickled pink by an upcoming giveaway. Hint. Hint.


And speaking of pink, this photo reminds me of the Barbie logo. You know the one; the profile with the perky ponytail. You totally see the resemblance don't you?


Outfit Notes:
Jacket - Banana Republic; Shirt - Forever21; Skirt - Banana Republic; Bracelet - Forever21; Earrings - Marc by Marc Jacobs; Necklace - c/o Third Culture Jewelry

21 comments:

  1. Love the stripes top and bracelet:)

    Im sick of bad weather too....uggg...cmon Spring!!

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my Chic Metal Earring Giveaway!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still more snow?! I think we've all had quite enough. At least you are looking perfectly fresh and spring like with your pale layers and nautical stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that bad weather from you yesterday seems to have come my way today :( I'm sooo ready for winter to be over!
    But moving on to happier times, your outfit is beautiful, it makes me think of spring! The necklace is gorgeous, can't wait to see what you have coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo love that bangle!! i hope spring comes soooon! xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. you've got the best jewelry going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outfit! Hope the weather improves soon, we are getting rain, and alot of it!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stripes - and the bangle, wow!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that necklace, the whole outfit is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about the lousy weather, but you look gorgeous! Great outfit and love that bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your much prettier than Barbie, but I do see the resemblance with your pretty ponytail. Such a great outfit! You know I'm a sucker for stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful scarf and the profile is very barbie-ish!

    cute and little

    ReplyDelete
  12. stripes are classic...love the tee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the jewelry choices! And the breton shirt :)


    www.featherfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun accessories darling! Oh that reminds me to e-mail you the Forever 21 article that made me rethink buying there.

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have that same jacket! It looks great on you, and that's making me think I should wear mine more often. Love the bangle too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally see the barbie resemblence. Your accessories are great. Loving that necklace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - each one means a lot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails